(Part Time) Receptionist
PAY RATE: $13.75 per hour (up to 1,500 hours per year)
Hudson Mills Metropark is a 7-day per week operation. It is expected that staff will be available to work as scheduled. At the same time, the parks are weather dependent, which may result in cancelled or shortened work schedules as necessary.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Park Operations Manager/Park Operations Supervisor, receptionist will perform varying receptionist and secretarial assignments. Typical duties will include greeting and receiving visitors, operating the telephone system switchboard to relay incoming and internal calls to the proper stations, taking messages and providing information to callers, processes incoming/out-going mail, selling permits, performing a variety of routine and complex technical and administrative tasks. This position is part-time year-round position up to 1500 hours per year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs routine & complex clerical duties, including greeting and assisting park visitors, answering questions, selling permits, etc.
- Reservations/registrations for picnics and facility rentals
- Processes incoming/out-going mail.
- May assist in preparation of payroll & preparation of financial documents & reports.
- Processes paperwork including, but not limited to, data entry in preparation of requisitions, transfers, registrations, etc.
- Performs cash handling/operations duties as required.
- Answers telephone and/or operates park switchboard and radio dispatch.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Operate a vehicle on public roadways.
- Experience in public administration, business management or a related field preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the public.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, filing, and record management.
Working knowledge and/or skill in a variety of computer software applications including spreadsheets, word processing, and database software.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- May be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- May be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties.