(Part-Time) Building Maintenance Worker
PAY RATE: $14.30 per hour (Up to 1,500 hours per year).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. Click here for details.
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve the maintenance of buildings and other park structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- General building maintenance
- Plumbing and electrical experience preferred but not required
- Carpentry experience preferred but not required
- Building and maintaining signs
- Heating and Cooling experience preferred but not required
- Pool experience preferred but not required.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to operate push/power driven mowers and other turf equipment.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Ability to traverse sandy, marshy or wooded areas with even or uneven terrain.
- Ability to load, unload and move materials between work locations.
- Ability to get along with co-workers, supervisors, and park visitors.
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to perform essential functions.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to apply knowledge of materials, tools, practices and methods of grounds maintenance.
- Ability to apply knowledge of turf maintenance and tree planting and care.