(Part-Time or Seasonal) Toll Attendant
PAY RATES: Provisional $14.30/hour (up to 1,500 hours per year). Seasonal $12.70/hour (up to 600 hours or 120 days per year).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. Click here for details.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve the operation and maintenance of the toll booth and assisting in park operations as time permits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Verifies permits and change fund in the morning and balances permit sales and cash receipts at the end of their shift.
- Collects permit fees from vehicles entering the park.
- Attaches permits to windshields of all vehicles.
- Keeps sufficient supply of permits and change on hand and request partial pick-up as needed.
- Maintains sufficient supply of park maps and other brochures.
- Knowledgeable about park rules, regulations, and policies and information regarding facilities.
- Disseminates information to park visitors.
- Familiar with current and future special events that may be going on in park and other parks.
- Assists park operations as time allows.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized toll booth.
- Ability to get along with co-workers, supervisors, and park visitors.
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to perform accurately make change when selling permits.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- Will be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.