(Seasonal) Recreation Attendant / Boat Rental
PAY RATE: $11.10 per hour (Up to 600 hours or 120 days per season).
Seasonal Positions (up to 600 hours or 120 days) Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. Click here for details.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve the operation and general maintenance of recreational facilities such as the boat rental or activity center building.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Sets up equipment for rental; inspect for broken, damaged or worn parts; make minor adjustments and repairs; take apart and properly store for the night; wash boats weekly.
- Distributes and collects boat rental equipment.
- Be able to instruct the public on the proper and safe use of equipment.
- Ensures rental agreements are written up properly, deposit records are accurate and money handled properly.
- Ability to operate a point of sale system.
- Monitors park visitors to ensure order and safety.
- Cleans buildings and restrooms daily or more often as needed.
- Cares for surrounding shrubs and flower beds and keeps grounds litter free.
- Maintains established park rules and regulations.
- Assists in preparation of daily receipt of reports.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- May operate outboard engine boat to assist watercraft users (upon completion of Boater Safety).
- Ability to positively interact with co-workers, supervisors and park visitors.
- Ability to perform cash and credit transactions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Physical demands are usually moderate. Will often be working along a seawall near water.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.