(Part-Time) Golf Course Food Service Attendant
PAY RATE: $12.45 per hour (up to 1,500 hours per year).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. Click here for details.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve greeting park visitors and taking their food orders. May prepare and serve food, serve cold and hot drinks from drink dispensing equipment, sell sundry items, receive payment and complete transaction using cash register, and clean food service area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Greets park visitors and takes their food/beverage order.
- Prepares food/beverage order request and serves park visitor.
- Accepts payment and makes change using a cash register.
- Sells sundry items using a cash register.
- Reconciles daily food service receipts, including alcohol sales and inventory.
- Unloads stock items and places them in appropriate storage area.
- Keeps food service manager updated on inventory items and advises of what supplies are needed.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, food work area, and counter.
- May drive beverage cart with acceptable driving record and of legal age.
- Knowledge of safety practices relating to a food service attendant.
- Ability to effectively communicate with park visitors in order to ascertain their requests.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers, supervisors and park visitors.
- Ability to operate food service equipment such as drink dispensers, popcorn machine, frozen confections machine, grill, deep fryer, etc.
- Ability to operate cash register.
- Ability to accurately perform cash transactions including making change.
- Ability to load, unload, and rotate stock items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- Will be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of food service rules and regulations as outlined by the county health department.
- Knowledge of food handling in regards to prevention of foodborne illnesses, cross contamination, personal hygiene, time and temperature requirements, cleaning and sanitation requirements.