(Part-Time or Seasonal) Food Service Assistant Manager
PAY RATES: Provisional: $14.30 per hour (up to 1,500 hours per year). Seasonal: $12.70 per hour (up to 600 hours or 120 days per season).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. Click here for details.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve assisting the Facility/Activity Manager with all activities relevant to the operation and maintenance of the assigned park facility or facilities and acting as Manager in their absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Prepares food/beverage order request and serves park visitor.
- Greets park visitors and takes their food/beverage order.
- Accepts payment and makes change using a cash register.
- Sells sundry items using a cash register.
- Reconciles daily food service receipts, including alcohol sales and inventory.
- Unloads stock items and places them in appropriate storage area.
- Keeps food service manager updated on inventory items and advises of what supplies are needed and orders when necessary.
- Cleans food preparation equipment, food work area, and counter.
- Trains and supervises seasonal Food Service Attendants.
- Ensures that facility equipment is properly maintained, stored, and cared for.
- Ensures the operation of profitable and efficient resale/rental operations.
- Advises and guides employees in developing good work habits.
- Gives instructions to all employees reporting directly to them.
- Sets schedules for cleaning and normal maintenance.
- Suggests and institutes new procedures for more efficient operations.
- Schedules all hours of work for personnel reporting the them.
- Ensures that all employees use accepted safety measures and precautions.
- Acts as Facility/Activity Manager in their absence.
- May drive beverage cart with acceptable driving record and of legal age.
- Knowledge of safety practices relating to a food service attendant.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers, supervisors and park visitors.
- Ability to operate food service equipment such as drink dispensers, popcorn machine, frozen confections machine, grill, deep fryer, etc.
- Ability to operate cash register.
- Ability to accurately perform cash transactions including making change.
- Ability to load, unload, and rotate stock items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Will be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Will be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to communicate through the use of telephone.
- Ability to operate computer and assist other employees in operation of applicable software programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with park visitors in order to ascertain their requests.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of food service rules and regulations as outlined by the county health department.
- Knowledge of food handling in regards to prevention of foodborne illnesses, personal hygiene, time and temperature requirements, cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and tabulations.