(Part-time) Shuttle Driver
PAY RATE: $16.85 per hour (Up to 1,500 hours per year)
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. For details click here.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Drives bus to transport passengers over an established route with designated stops according to schedule, or as needed. Develops and maintains favorable working relationships with park guests and other park employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Deliver customers to appropriate destination in a safe and courteous manner
- Greet each customer personally in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Operate the shuttle in accordance with all laws and regulations while following park policy to ensure a safe and pleasant operating environment
- Assist customer(s) load and unload, enter and exit vehicle and miscellaneous customer needs
- Notify Manager of any customer or vehicle problems including daily maintenance, including but not limited to ensuring proper oil, tire and fluid levels
- Provide appropriate park information, distribute maps and handouts as required
- Communicate with dispatch via 2-way radio or cellular phone
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Transport park guests between designated pickup points
- As necessary, assists passengers on and off bus
- Regulates heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort
- Complies with local traffic regulations; drives safely in all situations
- Reports accidents, or injuries to designated Dispatcher
- Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with bus transportation rules and regulations promulgated by local, state and federal agencies
- Completes pre-trip and post-trip inspections according to written procedure
- Ensures that bus is parked correctly
- Ensures that vehicle fuel tank is filled at beginning and end of shift
- Cleans interior and exterior of bus after each trip
- Notifies dispatcher of any civil driving infraction, receipt of traffic ticket, suspension of license, expiration of driving credentials, etc. as soon as it occurs.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Must possess a valid MI CDL Driver’s License with proper endorsements (P)
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years. No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years.
- Previous driving experience in similar vehicle (large shuttle van or bus)
- Previous customer service experience
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds to assist customers.