(Seasonal) Beach Recreation Attendant
PAY RATE: $11.65 per hour (Up to 600 hours per season)
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Additionally, eligible seasonal employees will receive a $0.60 per hour seasonal bonus for all hours worked. For details, click here.
AVAILABILITY MANDATES: Work season begins in Mid May through Labor Day. Holiday and weekend availability is important in hiring consideration. Applicants must especially be available to work until Labor Day to receive consideration.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provide quality customer service to patrons of the park. Work activities in this position primarily involve the operation and maintenance of recreational facilities such as the beach restrooms, paddleboard rental, sundry counter and water slide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Sets up equipment for rental. Inspects equipment for broken or worn parts; make minor repairs or adjustments inspect when returned and store properly. Frequent physical handling of double kayaks, single kayaks and paddleboards.
- Sterilizing rental equipment for customer use.
- Be able to instruct the public on the proper and safe use of equipment aiding in life jacket selection and donning.
- Operate point of sale system.
- Supervise patrons use of the water slide. Cleans water slide.
- Tend to general maintenance and cleaning of the playground area.
- Monitors park visitors to ensure order and safety.
- Washes walls and floors and keep beach and parking lot area litter-free.
- Dumps trash barrels and fills dumpsters as needed.
- Cleans showers, toilets, and other receptacles and assures all are in good working order.
- Reports all malfunctions to facility manager.
- Fill dispensers relevant to restrooms.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe stockrooms.
- General grounds maintenance using a lawn mower, weed whip and power tools.
- Assure park visitors adhere to rules and regulations.
- Train new employees.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Ability to positively interact with co-workers, supervisors and park visitors.
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to perform cash and credit transactions quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Physical demands can be moderate at times.
- Must have a valid Michigan Drivers License.
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions.